Sunday, December 13, 2009

Wings of fire (1999)


A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
Very inspirational and touching story; how poor child from remote village place can climb to the ladder of height post; The President of India through dedication, hard work and determination…
Instead of much writing about book I am adding poem by APJ which talks everything…

My Mother
Sea waves, golden sand, pilgrims’ faith, Rameswaram Mosque Street, all merge into one, My Mother!
You come to me like heaven’s caring arms. I remember the war days when life was challenge and toil—Miles to walk, hours before sunrise,
Walking to take lessons from the saintly teacher near the temple.
Again miles to the Arab teaching school,
Climb sandy hills to Railway Station Road,
Collect, distribute newspapers to temple city citizens,
Few hours after sunrise, going to school.
Evening, business time before study at night.
All this pain of a young boy,
My Mother you transformed into pious strength
With kneeling and bowing five times
For the Grace of the Almighty only, My Mother.
Your strong piety is your children’s strength,
You always shared your best with whoever needed the most,
You always gave, and gave with faith in Him.
I still remember the day when I was ten,
Sleeping on your lap to the envy of my elder brothers and sisters
It was full moon night, my world only you knew
Mother! My Mother!
When at midnight I woke with tears falling on my knee
You knew the pain of your child, My Mother.
Your caring hands, tenderly removing the pain
Your love, your care, your faith gave me strength
To face the world without fear and with His strength.
We will meet again on the great Judgement Day, My Mother!
- APJ Abdul Kalam

No comments:

Post a Comment